Thursday 18 April 2013

Addicted to patterns


Hi, my name is Brenda and I'm addicted to new patterns. 

Since pdf patterns have arrived on the scene, it's just too easy to buy them, print them off and sew them. Normally I would have to drive an hour to even view a pattern book, so having the internet on my lap daily is not helping my addiction. 

It also doesn't help that all these lovely pattern designers are having sales all the time, tempting me with their low cost, beautiful designs and easy downloading. 

I joined a support group but that just encouraged my habit even more. Now I have folders full of these amazing patterns that I can mix and match and sew at a moments notice. In fact some nights I'm so intoxicated on them I don't go to bed until the wee hours ;-) 

I walk through shops, comparing the drab offerings to my amazing fabric stash and don't buy a thing. Then I come home and create a new dress or top that makes my heart sing... I think I need to see a Doctor.... 

;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment